Well I found a Source for Chinese Type-53 Sling's!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Hobe Sound Falcon

Well I found a Source for Chinese Type-53 Sling's!

Post by Hobe Sound Falcon »

:!: They have been under our Noses for Year's. For Month's now I have been trying to find a real Chinese Type-53 Dog Collars Web Sling. http://www.charleyssurplus.com has them for 12.95 I have seen them on the Site, but! I thought there were Repoduction's and not real. Having no luck finding one. I was to the Point I was just going to Buy a Russian Sling and put it on. Even Marstar in Canada, who Import's Norinco Weapon's into Canada, did not have any. So I thout I would try Charley's and Sarco's as they were posting they had Type-53 Sling's for Sale. I was hopeing that at least one had a real one. Not even the Seller of Chinese Militaria on Ebay could get me one, and he is in China! He one of 3 or 4 of them there. Well I call Charley's and ask him about the Type-53 Dog Collar Sling's ask him if any were Real, He said they were all Real! He has had them for over 10 Years!!! I alway's thought there were Repo's! He said the came in a big Bag, 5 to a Pack, and were marked on the Bag in Chinese and Made in China. I could not believe my Luck and I told him I would post on this Forum that he had them. I dont know how many he has, these are the Green one's. see Photo! He assures me they are Chinese! As I dont think the Chinese would make repo's of their own Sling's they must be real! So if your Chinese Type-53, need's a Chinese Sling to go with it! That is REAL!!! Better get one Quick!!! Here is the Photo from the website. I almost gave up! hope this help's my fellow Chinese Carbine Lover's out there!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hobe Sound Falcon

Re: Well I found a Source for Chinese Type-53 Sling's!

ITEM: SKU-CA406
Noble Sniper

Post by Noble Sniper »

The one M44 variant that has always eluded me................ now to get one and a sling to boot ;) Thanks :D
•"Was there ever a people whose leaders were as truly their enemies as this one?"
- Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls

"....from my cold dead hands:
President Charleton Heston

"Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !! "
Dr. Strangelove
Hobe Sound Falcon

No Problem! However, dont wait! I dont think they will last. When I get my 2, I Ordered I will take photos of them. I always thought they were Fake. as we are being flooded with Fake Mosin-- Nagant Sling's right now.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

What would be the difffernce between a fake T-53 sling and a real Russian sling. It's cool that you found them. You would not have been happy with a Russian sling, so if all that was available were repops seems like it would have been about as good. Now you don't have to worry about the wrong sling. Good hunting! 8-)
Hobe Sound Falcon

I looked at one of the Fakes, the Dog Collar Strap's are smaller and thinner. The Leather Patch sewen on the Sling is also thinner and cheaper.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Thanks for the post; mine is on the way! :D
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Re: Well I found a Source for Chinese Type-53 Sling's!

Post by bunkysdad »

4045481 wrote:I looked at one of the Fakes, the Dog Collar Strap's are smaller and thinner. The Leather Patch sewen on the Sling is also thinner and cheaper.
That's good to know. I need to see one so I know what to stay clear of.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Yea, well, I got mine....in spades.

If Charley's T-53 sling is a T-53 sling, then I am a Chinese general. At least I know that I will never buy anything from Charley. It was a cheap lesson.

What it is, is a cheap copy of a M-44 sling, and I mean like the little birdie sings: cheap, cheap, cheap. :D
I am sure the salesman was telling the truth about them coming in a bag marked made in China.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Hobe Sound Falcon

I got mine today also. I was going to do a post when I took a photo of it. It has the same thin fake Strap's I saw at a Gunshow. Well look's like I blew this one Sorry Guys! I dont know why the Guy had to Lie to me? I dont think I will be buying from Charley's again neither. Sorry this one is my fault. Paul
Hobe Sound Falcon

My Apoligicies to all, I got duped into the very thing I was trying to avoid in the first place, a fake Sling. I really though it would be great to find something the Forum needed, only to be duped. If you lost money becasue of me I am truly Sorry! Paul :sad: :vconfused: :vsad: :very mad:
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

Look on the bright side, if you ever want to take an M/N out in the field, you now have a sling that you can beat the crap out of and not feel bad about it. :biggrin:
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
Jim7

Post by Jim7 »

low resolution picture sucks but the dog collars don't look to be tied with a bit of string

if i could remember where i got mine i'd be glad to share... it might have been rick reich... if he is still around you can always try asking if he has one

on the topic of not so easy to find slings if anyone knows where i can snag a leather romanian m44 sling cheap let me know... it's been a while since i last looked but every time i found one on ebay it went way beyond what i was comfortable spending
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I just picked up 3 slings at last weekends gunshow... One for sure is not Chinese but the other 2 I'm not sure. Guy had tags on all 3 for $4 each. I offered $10 for all three & he took it. 8-)

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I think the green buckle is a Polish sling.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:I think the green buckle is a Polish sling.
Polish slings usually have a dark olive drab web material, I don't think those are polish.
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Izhevsk762 wrote:
BuckeyeSgt wrote:I think the green buckle is a Polish sling.
Polish slings usually have a dark olive drab web material, I don't think those are polish.
Nope, the green buckled one is the same one in both closeup pictures.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"