Three-Line Trifecta

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
martin08

Three-Line Trifecta

Post by martin08 »

Picked up a trifecta of Three-Line Rifles yesterday. All from 1917 and 1918. None with import marks. When I get a chance, I'll photograph all of them individually and give them their own threads.

But in the mean time, the first member to FULLY identify the armories, years, special marks/features and countries of origin/import, in ORDER from top to bottom, wins a fabulous prize. Be specific and complete. There should be enough clues in the pics to identify them all.

No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Three-Line Trifecta

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice collection, US issue is aways a good find, I see a Remington in there, a Finn Sestroryetsk, I would guess at a Westinghouse maybe. My eyes will not pick out small shit. Good haul :) I see at least one of them has the Austrian W, cool.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Nice collection, US issue is aways a good find, I see a Remington in there, a Finn Sestroryetsk, I would guess at a Westinghouse maybe. My eyes will not pick out small shit. Good haul :) I see at least one of them has the Austrian W, cool.
Well, even for bad eyesight, you did get a couple of the armories and a special feature or two.

But no fabulous prize for you! Just flea bites....

bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Wow. Beautiful trifecta for sure. I will have to look them over good but I know I'm too slow to be in the running. What is the story on those flea bites? Is that your son? My goodness, that looks miserable!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice find. I would kill for a one fecta right now. A remington 1918 finned, an izhevsk 1917 finned and something else not finned. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
husker51

Post by husker51 »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: Very nice! Im jealous! I would love to get into some of the 1891's. Unfortunately I have a champaign appetite and a beer wallet! :lol:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
martin08

Post by martin08 »

desdem12 wrote:Nice find. I would kill for a one fecta right now. A remington 1918 finned, an izhevsk 1917 finned and something else not finned. :thumbsup:

Dancing around the prize, a bit....

Right arsenal and year on one, wrong country of import. Wrong arsenal on the other, right year and country of import.

But no fabulous prize for you! Care for some fleas?
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

1917 Finned Sestroryetsk in a soviet Austrian captured stock with plugged sling rope holes
1917 tula? With austro-hungarian or spanish sling hangers non finned, is it a Spanish SCW rifle?
1918 US surcharged Remington stayed in the USA?

How did I do?
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
martin08

Post by martin08 »

racerguy00 wrote:1917 Finned Sestroryetsk in a soviet Austrian captured stock with plugged sling rope holes
1917 tula? With austro-hungarian or spanish sling hangers non finned, is it a Spanish SCW rifle?
1918 US surcharged Remington stayed in the USA?

How did I do?

A brave soul, and a good effort!

One is dead on. Another has a quasi-identification of sling hangers. Another is VERY close, but for the year.

You are following along well with the contest, but no grand prize. How about a sheep?

racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Wait, IIRC aren't your rifles magically imported from a pipe in your gun room? :)
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
martin08

Post by martin08 »

bunkysdad wrote:Wow. Beautiful trifecta for sure. I will have to look them over good but I know I'm too slow to be in the running. What is the story on those flea bites? Is that your son? My goodness, that looks miserable!

Heh, heh. No, no relation except by residency in the grand State of Maine. These are actually "Black-fly" bites, and not fleas. Black-flies develop in dense cloudy swarms from eggs hatching in the warming fresh water every spring, from mid April to late June. And they can be vicious!

I just thought that a Junk Yard Dog might relate better to the flea analogy. :D

racerguy00 wrote:Wait, IIRC aren't your rifles magically imported from a pipe in your gun room? :)
The pneumatic delivery tube that is drilled through the center of the earth....
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Oh man I am slow today. I get it. Thank goodness huh? That looks brutal.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Martin, I used to like you, but no more. A pox upon you and your M-91s!!!!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
finloq

Post by finloq »

Do your own homework, Son. You already have the fabulous prize(s)!
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Yeah
martin08

Post by martin08 »

SA1911a1 wrote:Martin, I used to like you, but no more. A pox upon you and your M-91s!!!!
No pox on my M91's. They are nice and shiny!
finloq wrote:Do your own homework, Son. You already have the fabulous prize(s)!
Oh, but what fun is that? I already know what they are.

OK. Another hint. Top is 1917, middle is 1918, and bottom is 1917....
Steve The Pirate

Post by Steve The Pirate »

:Drool1: :Drool1: I'm looking forward to the individual threads. You have a gift of finding gems.
Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them, then you're an asshole - George Carlin
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Flea bites? Don't get me started, I just had to bomb the shop last month after fleas got out of hand and near ate the cat. They didn't bother me as I wear repellent for the ticks anyway, but drove the shop mice crazy. Sorry, I was away all day yesterday, didn't have time to get back to this.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Well the dates make a NEW impossible so it has to be a tula, izhevsk and remington. Unless one is a Sestroryetsk. :thumbsup: One is not had the barrel bands changed so i am thinking it is an Izhevsk. :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
martin08

Post by martin08 »

desdem12 wrote:Well the dates make a NEW impossible so it has to be a tula, izhevsk and remington. Unless one is a Sestroryetsk. :thumbsup: One is not had the barrel bands changed so i am thinking it is an Izhevsk. :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
JYD hit two arsenals right out of the gate. NEW is ruled out. Tula and Izhevsk are not in the picture.