M91/30 1933 Tula Hex

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
WeldonHunter

M91/30 1933 Tula Hex

Post by WeldonHunter »

Thought I'd take time to get another rifle up that I hadn't posted yet. It's a 1933 M91/30 hex receiver Tula. It has an especially light colored stock. As a matter of fact it's the lightest colored stock of any I own. Most are darker redish colored with some dark spots mixed in. It's a PW Arms import I bought from AIM earlier this year and am just now getting to it. I cleaned it a few months ago but it was realitively clean to start with. Overall nice rifle with a fairly decent bore but I'm still cleaning it and have shot it but not really for accuracy. It's forced matched with electro pencil and the butt plate is either unnumbered or the number is covered by black paint. It looks like it's not numbered. The stock is solid wood but has a toe splice. I also tried to cut back on the pictures but tried some different angles for complete rifle pictures so that's why there's a few extra of those.

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: M91/30 1933 Tula Hex

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That is on the light side, maybe they were running low on red that day, nice one :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Well I like it!!!! :thumbsup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
jeremyb

Post by jeremyb »

nice rifle
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sweet!! I would shoot that till the cows came home. Nice "white russian" :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

I love it, What a nice gun.
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The cows ain't stupid, they hear you shooting and they ain't coming home :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Three_Dogs wrote:I love it, What a nice gun.
Rifle, a shotgun is a gun :)
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Thanks guys. It's actually lighter than the pictures show. The lighting doesn't do it justice. Last minute decision to photograph it this evening. Just trying to feed the Mosin hunger. :twisted:
dou44

Post by dou44 »

:thumbsup: nice rifle
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

Weldon,
The gun looks awsome I really like the light color. :vcool: :vcool:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:
JYD---Thanks for pointing that out, I do it all the time with rifle and shotgun I call them all guns,even though I know their is a difference. :)
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Tennessee_Mosin wrote:Weldon,
The gun looks awsome I really like the light color. :vcool: :vcool:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:
JYD---Thanks for pointing that out, I do it all the time with rifle and shotgun I call them all guns,even though I know their is a difference. :)
You're not alone. I get pistol, revolver and handgun all messed up. Just remember a rifle has rifling and a shotgun..... has a big boom! I mean has a gun in it. LMAO!!!!
desertgunner

Post by desertgunner »

Nice RIFLE, really!

GUN....REALLY????? Laughing my a.. off!
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

That is one sweet looking rifle and the stock is excellent. Looking at your Tula hex still makes me want to add one to my collection just need to find the right one for the right price. So how many Mosins are you up to in your collection? And that is a great set of pictures you took there. Really displays that rifle perfectly nice job.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

It's beautiful. That GUN literally is refurbed back to new. Plenty of pictures. That's the way to do it!
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

rollndice83 wrote:That is one sweet looking rifle and the stock is excellent. Looking at your Tula hex still makes me want to add one to my collection just need to find the right one for the right price. So how many Mosins are you up to in your collection? And that is a great set of pictures you took there. Really displays that rifle perfectly nice job.
Thanks. I just decided to try and catch up on another one. I still have 2 more laminates to photograph and that's it for the Mosins. I have 17 now. If you want to have a look at them all in one place just go here. http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/Mike_Kolo/ There's other stuff I've posted here too. I still have a another vz24 Mauser as well as a few others I have to post. You'll have fun looking at them. I take pictures of everything, but I'm a piker compared to a lot of these guys. They have some serious collections with very rare firearms here. These guys don't fool around. Stick around and you'll see.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

bunkysdad wrote:It's beautiful. That GUN literally is refurbed back to new. Plenty of pictures. That's the way to do it!
You know I'm not surprised anymore when I pull one of these out of the box now. For refurbed rifles they're mostly fine firearms. I can honestly say not one has disappointed me. Oh and I cut back on the pictures. There's more but I didn't want to over do it. Gotta go, the dog has something treed.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

A possum I bet!:P
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

bunkysdad wrote:A possum I bet!:P
If it was a possum it'd be dead, lol. They move to slow and she usually freaks out because they just back up somewhere and show her the pearlies. That really pisses her off but she's had them latch on to her face and she's smart enough to remember when they do they don't let go. She keeps them busy until I get there most times unless they can tree first. Either way they're dead. This is a grey fox or a coon. It keeps coming up to the far pen looking for a weakness in the cage or for eggs the hens have layed in the bushes. I saw something last night down the field but they usually haul out pretty quick. Foxes are the worst. They come up here and snatch chickens during the day. I've basically had my birds on lock down for over a month now because of it.
Beardedbullitz

Post by Beardedbullitz »

man i want to add a tula hex to my collection, someday...nice rifle sir. :thumbsup:
-Beardedbullitz-