Drugs & Ammo

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
Loditrapper

Drugs & Ammo

Post by Loditrapper »

I finally got my hands on a reasonably priced brick of .22 ammo. I ordered it online from Cabela's. It arrived today, and I'm really pleased with myself. I've been looking for months, literally. It's CCI Blazer, only $27.99/brick (limit one). Maybe things are about to ease up a little in the scarcity situation. I even have another brick in route to me right now, should be here Friday. What I find interesting about this order from Cabela's is that, in addition to the usual Cabela's flyer, I also received flyers for: Geico insurance, personal checks, a Budweiser themed electric model train, a $100 voucher for an online wine seller, an entry form for a 2014 Mustang GT500 giveaway, a savings certificate for a retractable awning for my house and zoysia grass for my lawn. What really blew my mind was the free sample of Allegra Allegy tablets, including $2.00 off coupon on my next purchase. Why would I want to buy any meds? Cabela's sends them free in their packages. I can't wait to see what sort of drugs are in the box Friday.
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Drugs & Ammo

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I saw that retractable awning on TV, you have to put it together yourself. Nice that you found some ammo, at least some is getting past the speculators and hoarders.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Driving trains drunk on Bud is big fun. :thumbsup:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

How in the Holy Hell :devil2: did you get 22lr online ???

Good deal man I am proud for you!! :mrgreen:

I have been trying almost to a obsession to get it online at a reasonable price anywhere and also trying all the local outlets no absolute no luck!! I've been useing the walmart tricks and no luck. :furious:

I've tried Bass Pro---Cabela's etc no luck

I will not under any circumstance buy it from a price gouger or hoarder.I will quit shooting forever before I do that!! :angry4: :angry4:

I am so sick of this 22 Ammo crap it is going on 2 + years!!

What kills me is people are paying more for 500 rounds of 22lr than I paid Saturday for tin of 440 rounds of 7.62 x 54R

Off my soapbox :soapbox: :soapbox:

I am proud you got some--maybe they will give you some cupons for nerve pills I think I need some!!
Loditrapper

Post by Loditrapper »

Well, Tennessee, I'll tell you the secret. It's just neater 'n poop, too. Go to this website called:
http://www.wikiarms.com/
Surf through it until you find the part about setting up ALERTS. Set you up an alert for the kind of ammo you want. You can tell it what the top price you are willing to pay for whatever caliber you are interested in. For .22 I chose 7 cents per round (0.07). For 7.62x54 I chose 19 cents per round (0.19). Whenever ammo is advertised for those prices or less, I get an email from wiki arms. Now, the REAL secret is, when you get one of those emails, JUMP ON IT. Believe me, that deal won't be there long. Early bird catches the worm, you snooze you lose, all that stuff. It works, bud.
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I've bought .22LR from Cabela's off and on this way for months, yep I gotta pay shipping since they're too far for me to economically drive, but I've managed to refill my stash several times after burning 1k rounds off here and there in trades. Yep, they fill the box with ads and I took one of them Allegra and it put me right to sleep even though it says "non-drowsy" on the box! No more mail-order drugs for me...
Tennessee_Mosin

Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :D :toast: :udaman: dance5 :wave: dance5 :udaman: :dance:

I will post pics soon as I get a 500 round brick---Again thanks so much you don't know how much I appriceate it.

Ya'll guy's like Weldon and yourself know so much more about searching the internet than I do it is shameful. :oops: :oops:

I don't even own a cell phone and I have never sent a text message.I wish I had grown up in the 1930's and 1940's
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

We have .22lr and even CCI mini mags. I knew it would pay some day to move to Ohio.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Try this link, it'll add EVERY .22 that Cabela's has to your cart, then hit checkout and it will remove everything that is out of stock. At the moment they do have Blazer bricks on hand, plus the lead free Winchester that's as much as WMR rounds are...it won't be good for long though, so grab it while you can!

http://www.cabelas.com/checkout/retriev ... d1cb86e9de
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Or you hit the jackpot and do it on a day Cabela's has everything in stock, then realize you just charged $6947.23 to your credit card :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Tennessee_Mosin

mogunner wrote:Try this link, it'll add EVERY .22 that Cabela's has to your cart, then hit checkout and it will remove everything that is out of stock. At the moment they do have Blazer bricks on hand, plus the lead free Winchester that's as much as WMR rounds are...it won't be good for long though, so grab it while you can!

http://www.cabelas.com/checkout/retriev ... d1cb86e9de

Thanks man but I was too late it expired,had to work late last night and just got up.

:very mad:
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Or you hit the jackpot and do it on a day Cabela's has everything in stock, then realize you just charged $6947.23 to your credit card :)

I think there's enough different steps to the checkout procedure that you should at some point realize what all you're ordering...if not then you're well stocked will .22LR! :thumbsup:

Yeah, these links that guys are putting up are hacks into the Cabela's warehouse from what I hear and they only last about a day before they shut them down, but at least they honor any orders made during that time. Guy posts them up on the Survivor Sks forums every so often, I've passed on the last few times as I'm set good on .22LR now.
Remit50

Post by Remit50 »

Loditrapper wrote:Well, Tennessee, I'll tell you the secret. It's just neater 'n poop, too. Go to this website called:
http://www.wikiarms.com/
Surf through it until you find the part about setting up ALERTS. Set you up an alert for the kind of ammo you want. You can tell it what the top price you are willing to pay for whatever caliber you are interested in. For .22 I chose 7 cents per round (0.07). For 7.62x54 I chose 19 cents per round (0.19). Whenever ammo is advertised for those prices or less, I get an email from wiki arms. Now, the REAL secret is, when you get one of those emails, JUMP ON IT. Believe me, that deal won't be there long. Early bird catches the worm, you snooze you lose, all that stuff. It works, bud.
I'll will check that out, sounds good. :thumbsup:
1925 Izzy

Post by 1925 Izzy »

My local Walmart in texas had some 22lr ammo for about 4 minutes I was told. I was not quick enough.