About to enter the world of reloading :)

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
ponycarman

About to enter the world of reloading :)

Post by ponycarman »

Yep my order from precision reloading was processe. I have a lee 50th anniversary realoading kit on the way :D. I cant wait!
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
ponycarman

Re: About to enter the world of reloading :)

Post by ponycarman »

No idea why my phone keeps double posting. Sorry guys. One of the threads can be deleted.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Celt

Post by Celt »

Congrats! :thumbsup:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Thanks. I was lucky to get one I guess. Reloading stuff is pretty hard to get now like everything else. Price have increaced too. I believe I got this at normal pricing though. I can't wait to start :D

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

I have an old version of that press. They are built very solid.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
rlchemist

Post by rlchemist »

Good luck with the reloading, it can be a lot of fun customizing a round for your particular needs. Reloading supplies are still difficult to come by, particularly primers for me. I have noticed that powders and bullets are showing up in inventories, hopefully this buying frenzy may have hit a peak and might get back to something approaching normal in a couple of months.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Thanks guys. I was able to get the full kit so I'm happy about that. Not having to get stuff separately. I can get better stuff as a I discover what needs improvement. I guess its good I'm starting now with the prices higher. That way I don't know what I missed. And if it ever goes down then it will be a treat haha. :)

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
FINNADDICT

Post by FINNADDICT »

Excellent choice. You will be very happy with it.
TO WIN YOU NEED A FINN
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

I'm sure I will. I've heard good stuff about it and like how affordable it is. I'm not really looking to load boatloads of ammo each week. Just something to tinker with, have fun, and maybe shoot a little more frequently.

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
rlchemist

Post by rlchemist »

I also have a Lee Press and Lee dies...they are very well made and I've had zero problems with mine. Lee is also very quick to answer any questions you may have.

Have Fun
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Good to hear :thumbsup:. I'm sure it will be a blast. Literally :D ;mywink;

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

That kit looks pretty good. Get a powder trickler, and some case lube, and you will be good to go.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Thanks for the tips. This is all a foreign subject to me haha. I have alot to learn.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Read the Lee load book, it's full of tips and simple instructions on how to use the equipment.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

I'll have to get a copy of it. I've been looking at different reloading manual's.
rlchemist

Post by rlchemist »

:pointup:

Lee also has some excellent "how-to" videos on their website---good stuff that helps explain the written instructions and particularly helpful when setting up the dies.
rlchemist

Post by rlchemist »

ponycarman wrote:I'll have to get a copy of it. I've been looking at different reloading manual's.
Both the Sierra and Lee loading manuals have nice sections on 7.62x54R. Lyman is also a highly recommended handloading reference book.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Good deal. I'll have to grab a couple different sources of reference. I have alot of info save on my pc but I know tjat reallu can't replace a good paper manual or guide.

I also have to descide which caliber to start with first :lol:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It used to be that Lee included that book with all it's reloading kits, you may be getting it.